Before and After

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I can dig ditches

I continue to find it amazing what I can do now that I couldn't when I was obese. Just bending over or climbing the steps into our house was so hard when I was over weight. We've been doing a lot of heavy work in our yard. Things like digging and moving dirt and covering areas with rock. I can actually do those things now. I'm sure I could have done a little of it before, but it would have been very difficult. I know I wouldn't have been able to move the next day if I had tried. I did my share of digging a long ditch so we could install a drain to route the rain out to the street instead of under our house. I have some achy muscles, but I feel so good about what I was able to do. It was 110 degrees here on Sunday which made it even more challenging. I won't be giving up my day job to go dig ditches, but I'm sure happy to know I'm strong enough that I can do it if I want to.
Am I the only person that gets so much joy out of being able to do hard things like digging a ditch?

1 comment:

  1. I found the same joy in physical activity. Even now I do enjoy all that I can do with little effort. Glad you enjoyed the ditch digging!

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com